Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Be Strong and Courageous ~ Happy 4th of July, America



I originally wrote this post about my way to "Kick Discouragement to the Curb"  for the New Year's Celebration onf the amazing Seekerville blog. 
And while it pertained to my writing, I believe the advice I offer is applicable for this celebration of America's birth. 

Be Strong and Courageous. Using my own experience in this crazy world of writing and publishing, either trad or indie, I'm going to give you my suggestion for kicking discouragement to the curb. And believe me, it doesn't matter if you're a best-selling author or a newbie, discouragement is bound to affect you at some point...or at many points. From that white page waiting for your genius or those red lines from your editor, discouragement fills you and you're not sure where to turn.

Re-read the above statement in bold and then take a walk and be surrounded by the beauty of this world, this country. The gifts we've been given. The wonders right in front of you. Think of all who have gone before you, the pioneers, the seafaring folks, the daring, the bold, the oppressed. What would have happened if they stopped because they were discouraged?  

Oh and notice I didn't say read a book. GET OUT and look around you. Admire that tender shoot of grass, that oh-so-blue sky, the child running toward its loved one, the hugs shared by young and the aged, the random acts of kindness.

Let all of this fill you with Strength and Courage until you're nearly bursting with energy. Then go back to whatever task was at hand and see if you can continue. I'll bet you can. 

Happy 4th of July, America. 



No comments:

Post a Comment