Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Take Five and Meet Author Mickie Sherwood



Today we meet author Mickie Sherwood.  It's always fun to find a new author, that's why I bring you this column.  Mickie's book sounds awesome.  
And she has squirrels, too.  Got to love her. 


Welcome to An Indie Adventure, Mickie .  Tell us, what inspired you to write your book Templet's Tasty Tails?
LA, thank you for letting me share "An Indie Adventure".
Good deeds inspired me to write Templet's Tasty Tails. There's not one of us who isn't proud of our good deeds. But, what if those good deeds backfired? Templet's Tasty Tails explores a good deed gone awry—in a romantic way.
If you were not a writer, what vocation would you pursue?
Creating romance stories is one of my favorite pastimes. If I didn't spend time writing, I believe I would be a nature photographer. Take a peek here. Now, enjoy The Senior and the Wild Turkeys.

Do you prefer to read in the same genre you write in, or do you avoid reading that genre?  Why?

I read books from different genres. However, I make a point to occasionally read stories in the romance genre.  Love is always the key. Yet, no two authors tell a love story in the exact same fashion. It's fun to "feel" the differences.

How do you create internal and external conflict in your characters?  I find conflict often the hardest to create when I start planning a book.

You're right, LA. Creating conflict can be a difficult thing.

Fate determined the internal conflict in Templet's Tasty Tails. Erika has second thoughts about her decision to be a donor surrogate. Meanwhile, Booker is faced with his own dilemma. How does he break the news to Erika? He's the other donor of the baby she carries.

The external conflict is the obstacle that threatens to keep them apart. Conflict is challenging but getting to a resolution is the fun part of this small town, #BayouCountry adventure.

If you could live during any era of history, which one would you choose?

Without a doubt, present day is for me. I won't waltz back to the past because I'm furiously dancing in the present. And I love every minute of it. I plan to happily twirl into a brighter future, bringing my readers "boogying" along with me. OOPS! Did I just go back to the past?

Give us a brief summary of Templet's Tasty Tails:
It's my pleasure to introduce to your readers my newest mainstream romance, Templet's Tasty Tails.

Will the Bayou Cowboy lasso the Skeptical Surrogate's affections?
Web Designer Erika Washington's contract with her childhood best friend covers all possibilities about her pregnancy. But one unpredictable event redirects her future. As a donor-surrogate, what does one do when fate changes the plan and claims the lives of the intended parents? If you're the selfless, strong-willed Erika Washington, you mount a defense to keep your baby.

Entrepreneur Booker Templet, owner of Templet's Tasty Tails, secretly agrees to help his first cousin by being a donor for his baby. However, unfortunate circumstances change the course of Booker’s life. After he learns the identity of the other donor, Booker plans to be a part of his child's life. No matter what.

Will Erika and Booker battle over custody of the baby? Will their horrible loss help them find consolation in each other's arms? Or will fate intervene yet again?

Buy Links: 


Bio:
Mickie Sherwood is an author and a novice photographer. Using her backyard as the backdrop for her inspiration, she loves taking pictures of nature. Her love of photography incites her creativity for writing. Spending time with her family and cruise vacations, also stokes her imagination.

With all of her interest combined, fascinating characters and intriguing circumstances can develop.

Mickie also enjoys a good laugh. Revel in the humorous stories she shares about life, at her blog—Mickie's Mutterings.

Find Mickie: 



2 comments:

  1. Welcome, Mickie. It's interesting that your feet are firmly planted in today! I'm fairly sure I'm mostly a here and now girl, but the future does draw me in.
    Hugs, L.A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi L.A.,
    The future is definitely a mystery. I remember having a bag phone in my car before mobile phones were popular. Now, here I am in the future where cell phones rule. The future will only get better.

    Thanks for having me today. I love sharing my newest romance, Templet's Tasty Tails. Readers, which era of history would you choose?

    Mickie Sherwood
    ~~Sweet, spicy romance – a heartbeat away! ~~
    www.twitter.com/MickieSherwood
    www.mickiesherwood.com/blog
    www.bayouloveromances.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete