Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Take Five with Author Cornelia Amiri




Welcome to An Indie Adventure, Cornelia Amiri.  Tell us, what inspired you to write your book I Love You More?

I was excited for the opportunity to contribute one of the dozen literary fiction stories celebrating mothers and motherhood from the perspective of different authors around the world. My story, I love You More, was drawn from my own personal experiences as a single mother. I think most moms, especially single moms, can relate to it. there are a lot of families that are headed by women, sometimes just one mom and her child, but they are still families in every sense of what a family means. I wanted to acknowledge these strong, loving single moms and the wonderful children they are raising or have raised. they’re doing a great job. 

How do you use setting to further your story?

The first scene in each chapter of my story is set in 2016 as Garland is celebrating Mother’s Day at age 58 with her son and granddaughter. So we see how she is now, how well her son has done, how happy this family is, and how strong the bond between them is. The second scene in each chapter is set during a mother’s day of Garland’s past and shows her and her sons challenging journey to reach this point. So we get to see much of what this small family of Garland and Judson have overcome to reach this point of celebrating, what is for Garland, the best Mother Day ever. 

How do you construct your characters?

I am a pantster so I don’t outline, but I usually do character charts, covering my characters’ pasts and main goals, biggest fear,  and details about them. These characters particularly, were very close to my heart and I knew a lot about them in my mind when I began to tell their story, when I began the first draft.


How is your main character completely different than you?

I concentrate the story on Garland as a mother with all scenes set at Mother’s Day.  But motherhood, though the most important part of my life, is just a part. I call my son about twice a week and usually see him and my granddaughter once a week but the rest of the time I’m living my own life. Doing things I want to do, working as a writer and freelancer and all that entails, going to events and get-togethers with friends and all the other activities that are not connected to being a mother.


Tell us something about yourself we might not expect!

That along with the romances, I sometimes try my hand at other genres. I wrote a contemporary mystery called Dead End Job, a horror story called Taliesin’s Song, a Young Adult fantasy, non-romance, called Samhain Calls, and a modern-day, non-romance fantasy called The Ghost Lights of Marfa. The later is published by itself, and the other three are in book called, Reach…Reach across the genres. And of course, I Love You More, in Mother’s Day Magic is literary fiction.



Give us a brief summary of  (I Love You More from Mother’s Day Magic):

A mother's love never fails…it always prevails.

On the verge of turning sixty, Garland recalls memories and moments of her life’s journey from an abusive childhood to a bad marriage to the ups and downs of a single mom. She is rewarded with a magical mother’s day with her son, daughter in law, and granddaughter. Her moving story is sure to touch your heart.

Buy Links:





Meet Cornelia:
Cornelia Amiri, who also writes as Maeve Alpin, is the
author of 30 published books. Known as the Celtic Romance Queen, she writes Celtic Fantasy Romance, Celtic Historical Romance, Steampunk Romance and Sci-fi Romance. She lives in Houston Texas as does her son and granddaughter and her cat, Severus. Severus is a writer's cat, he loves books. He likes to knock them off the bookshelf, sit on them, and sniff the open pages. He also uses the computer, he sits on it, lays on top of it, and walks across the key board almost constantly. 

Cornelia is working on two soon to be released books a historical romance box set, Scandalously Yours and a modern day fantasy romance novella set at Woodstock 1969, Back to the One I Love.

Find Cornelia: 



6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for having me here today to talk about Mother's Day Magic...With Love. I appreciate it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you're here today. Tell us a bit about being Queen :)

    Hugs
    LA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I use Celtic Romance Queen for my website and email due to all the Celtic Romances I write. What can I say, it's good to be queen. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's awesome. Why did you start writing Celtic Romances? Can you give us a hint about them?

    LA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice interview Cornelia. :)

    ReplyDelete