Hi Mary, please tell us Five Secrets we may not know about Husky & Hot or you, but will after today!
1) Hi, L.A.. Thanks for having me as your guest today. I fell in love at first sight. My husband and I met in college and if someone had told me that day I’d marry him I would have believed it. The only problem was it took three weeks before I found out his name!
2) Drew, the hero in Husky & Hot, wasn’t originally in any others books in the series except the first one, but I loved him so much I had to keep bringing him back. Now readers are dying for his story!
3) I had to work to rein in the language in Husky & Hot. Drew likes to talk dirty in the bedroom, but some of the words he wanted to use pulled me out of the story. Carrie loved it, but I had to work on them a bit to make sure they weren’t crossing that line!
4) Carrie’s dream is to be a stay at home mom. I felt like we’ve been missing this important career path lately. My mom was a stay at home mom and I know a lot of people who would love to be home with their kids (including my husband!), but most books have women who want a career (like me!). I loved that Carrie wanted to be a mom more than anything, although she wants to make a positive contribution with her career until she has kids.
5) Carrie is named for my great-grandmother, my oldest living grandparent. She passed away when I was 19, the day before she turned 99. She lived the longest a person could live and never see another century, born in 1901 and died in 1999. She lived to take care of everyone around her, towel drying my hair when it was wet in the winter, praying for everyone constantly, and giving anyone who visited her $1 just because she loved to treat those she loved.
Carrie Taylor only wants one thing in life - to be a mom. She knew from an early age that being a parent, especially a stay at home mom, was her #1 goal. But at 27, she feels like she's missing the boat for love, and for babies.
If she can't have a baby, Carrie, at least, wants to enjoy her career, but she hates her job. When a new one presents itself Carrie can't say no. Even if the job is working for the man who makes her insides flip, burn, and ache for more.
Drew Montgomery never expected the woman with the endless legs that he saw across the room at his launch party was his new receptionist. He'd hired her sight unseen at the request of his partner, Xander, and Xander's wife, Mandy. Both insisted Carrie was perfect for the job, but Drew thought she was perfect for helping him get over his ex.
As Carrie and Drew struggle to find a balance between their attraction to each other and their working relationship, Carrie questions if sleeping with her boss, and hiding it from her friends, is really a good idea. She knows he's only in it for the sex, which she's enjoying, but sex isn't going to help make her dreams come true.
Especially if Drew's mom and ex-girlfriend have anything to say about it.