Friday, December 28, 2012

Last Friday of the Month's Recipe ~ Pecan Pie

Wilda MacLauchlan's Pecan Pie
 
Wilda won a blue ribbon at the New Mexico State Fair with this recipe.
I've made it  a dozen times and my English mother-in-law swore by it. 




 3 eggs, lightly  beaten with fork or whisk

¾ c. dark corn syrup

¾ c. sugar

¼ tsp. salt

2 ½ tsp. vanilla

1 c. pecan halves

3 Tbsp. melted butter or margarine

1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell

Combine eggs and corn syrup. Mix well (I use a whisk.) Add sugar and mix thoroughly. Stir in salt and vanilla.
 
Let stand about 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, spread pecans evenly on bottom of pie shell.  Stir melted butter into syrup mixture and pour over pecans.  Be sure all pecans rise to top.

Bake at 375˚for 40 – 45 minutes or until center is firm. To keep crust from browning too much, put foil strips or pie crust shield around the edge of the crust.
It's fast and so yummy.
Enjoy
~LA

5 comments:

  1. This is not something I need to be making :-), especially after all the good food over the holidays. Guess I'll have to try it anyway. My excuse is that we love pecan pie.
    It sounds like a good one. Nice photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellis,
    HA! I know we've all eaten too much sweet stuff, but it's not quite New Year's and I thought this would be a great last temptation :)

    Can't wait for your shrimp and grits recipe...salivating here.

    ~LA

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Ellis, I'm with you! Leslie, how in the world can you tempt us with this great recipe? I suppose I can postpone my diet until Jan 2 and make this for New Year's Day.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Audra,
    I know I'm wicked. But it's so good....

    One last splurge then off excesses for awhile, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds SO good! We had pumpkin and apple pies for the holidays, but now I'm hungry for this pecan pie!

    Happy New Year!

    Light,
    Nancy Haddock

    ReplyDelete